Global Talent and Learning Director (maternity cover)
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global Talent and Learning Director on a 1-year maternity cover contract in the UK (London or Remote) or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide.
The purpose of this role is to lead and develop the Talent and Learning Centre Expertise. The role holder will work collaboratively with HR Leadership team to evolve and deliver connected, strategic, global people priorities’. The role is responsible for ensuring that Talent and Learning Initiatives enable SCI / SCA to achieve its ambition for Children by ensuring that Talent is an advantage and a key lever of performance, retention and engagement. The role holder is accountable for global Talent Management, Performance Management and Succession planning processes ensuring that we have stability of leaders, high quality leaders and diverse representation. To support these processes the team also manage a multi-level leadership and management development offer that is scaled our across our global workforce. In addition the team manages the employee induction process, mandatory training and the global learning management system. To be successful the role holder must partner with business leaders and HR Business Partners to amplify impact. Ultimately, the role will contribute to the achievement of the P&O strategic intent by making SCI a great place to work for all of our people.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience in a senior HR / Talent and Learning leadership role, in a complex global organisation.
- Really good understanding of all aspects of Talent, Leadership, Culture and Capability using strong data analytics skills to measure impact and continuously improve what we do
- Demonstrated track record of designing and delivering innovative learning solutions to a diverse audience on a global scale
- Experience managing and developing high performing L+D teams, role model desired organisational leadership behaviours
- Excellent Project management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute multiple initiatives in a fast paced and changing environment
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels
- Strong experience managing and implementing HR / Learning systems
- A creative and forward thinking mind-set, with the ability to challenge the status quo and inspire change
- A clear passion for learning, professional development and staying ahead of industry trends
We can offer an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National Terms & Conditions (including pay / salary and benefits) will apply.
This role can be based in the UK (London or Remote) or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location for the duration of the contract.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A full copy of the role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.