Payroll and Pensions Specialist
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Payroll and Pensions Specialist in the UK, London / Hybrid at Save the Children International Regional office. Link to website
To role is responsible for the accurate and timely payment and recording of salaries, including all tax, social security and pensions contributions for 8 (currently) non-standard outsourced payrolls for centre employees based outside of the UK and IR35 payroll, in accordance with employee contracts, legislation and organisational timetables. Responding to queries from employees and payroll and pension providers accurately and timely. The role will deputise for the Head of Payroll and Pensions and be an advisor to the Payroll & Pension officers and others on UK payroll and tax requirements. The role will be the key contact with the multiple external payroll providers regarding monthly processes and queries.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience of end to end payroll administration and processing in a complex global organisation department
- Knowledge/experience of UK pension legislation
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of internal controls and audits
- Knowledge of relevant UK legislation relating to payroll
- Knowledge and experience of working with HR systems, currently Oracle
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical and methodical
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and working as part of a high performing team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Possess completer/finisher tendencies
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Commitment to Save the children values
- Experience of working on Payroll software such as SD Worx HRE and Payment platforms e.g. Barclays, Convera etc
We can offer circa £44,000 per annum (If based in the UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National Terms & Conditions (including pay / salary and benefits) will apply.
This role can be based in the UK, London/ Hybrid at Save the Children International office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location for the duration of the contract.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A full copy of the role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.