Social and Behaviour Change Advisor
Save the Children seeks a Social and Behavior Change Advisor who will serve on the upcoming Burkina Faso Integrated Health Services Activity (IHS) Program. This program, funded by USAID, will contribute to the Government of Burkina Faso’s overarching goal of improving the health and well-being of the Burkinabe population. The project’s objectives are to: 1) Reduce the burden of malaria through the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) by scaling up and intensifying the implementation of proven and effective malaria prevention and control interventions; 2) Strengthen the national health system so that it is prepared for effective prevention, detection, and response to public health threats under the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) program; 3) Improve women, adolescents, newborns and children’s health through increased access and utilization of family planning, maternal, neonatal, nutrition, adolescent and child health; and 4) Reinforce high impact interventions including service delivery, social behavior change communication, commodities’ supply chain management, and strengthening of the community health system.
The post-holder will ensure that all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies are in place.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in health, communication or social marketing or social science such as sociology, anthropology; will accept degrees in other fields if there is evidence of sustained experience in the fields noted above.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in social and behavior change related work, including but not limited to strategic engagement, development communications or campaigns, or commercial marketing/advertising and community engagement. Preference for SBC experience in health field;
- Experience managing creative, strategic communication design and media/materials development (mobile phones, print and/or television). This includes pre-testing and production of communications materials;
- Experience working at community level in programs that require active engagement with families and the community
- Knowledge of the public and private sector (marketing/advertising) communication landscape in Burkina Faso;
- Experience with designing and implementing qualitative anthropological/ sociological research and/or communication monitoring and evaluation a plus.
- Strong capacity to write including but not limited to: strategies, reports, documentation, success stories
- History of engagement with USAID or development donor funded initiatives is highly desirable
English proficiency a plus
Contract length: 12 months renewable
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Date advertised: 29 Jul 2020
Closing date: 12 Aug 2020 - 23:59 GMT
Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Department: Programme Operations
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time