New Markets Donor Development Manager
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the New Markets Donor Development Manager in Centre -London, UK or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide. The role could involve up to 10% international travel.
As the New Markets Donor Development Manager, you will play a crucial role within the Non-Member Markets Team, focusing on digital fundraising programs in regions where Save the Children does not have a physical office presence. This includes many countries in Eastern Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
The New Markets Donor Development Manager will drive our existing plans for supporter retention and development. This pivotal role is responsible for engaging with donors to build and nurture relationships, increase engagement, and maximize their lifetime value. You will be responsible for developing the donor development annual and long-term plans and strategies for individual giving,as well as implementing and overseeing all campaigns and activities related to donor development. While the program has been primarily digital in the past, this role will also incorporate telemarketing into the mix of channels. The successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of donor engagement strategies, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to build long-term relationships with donors. As the New Markets Donor Development Manager you will be an expert in donor retention and development, responsible for promoting best practices and innovation. Additionally, you will play a key role in supporting Member offices by sharing best practices from testing conducted in non-member markets.
Working closely with the Global Digital New Markets Specialist and the New Markets Acquisition Manager, you will contribute to our long-term strategy and align with our global organizational goals. This role offers the opportunity to provide input into the program strategy, take a hands-on approach to your work, and collaborate effectively within the team.
The New Markets Donor Development Manager position is part of the Digital Public Engagement Team, an agile team that has been working virtually even before the pandemic. This team provides strategic support and specialist technical guidance to our 27+ Members, primarily located in Asia, Oceania, Europe, and the Americas. The team also focuses on reaching new audiences and engaging with them in non-Member markets, with a special emphasis on key markets.
The New Markets Donor Development Manager will be part of the member offices practitioner communities, the New Markets Donor Development Manager will actively engage in sharing and learning from best practices and case studies among different offices. This position offers a unique opportunity for continuous learning and growth. Through active participation and knowledge exchange within these communities, the manager will contribute significantly to the organization's collective progress and success in donor development.
This is an exceptional opportunity to further develop a wide range of skills and gain valuable experience and knowledge while working in an international and multicultural environment.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in donor development, fundraising, or related roles, with a demonstrated track record of successfully engaging and stewarding donors.
- Donor Engagement Expertise: In-depth understanding of donor engagement strategies, including digital and telemarketing approaches.
- Experience with CRM systems and data analysis.
- Experience with Marketing Automated tools.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate the organization's mission and impact to donors. Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with donors and internal stakeholders.
- Strategic Thinking: Proven ability to develop and implement strategic plans and initiatives to achieve donor engagement and fundraising goals.
- Analytical Skills: Proficient in data analysis, with the ability to interpret donor data and generate actionable insights. Experience with data-driven decision-making and A/B testing is a plus.
- Project Management: Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment, adapting to new technologies, strategies, and emerging trends in donor engagement.
- Deep knowledge of email marketing and automations.
- Working knowledge of web development and web analytics
- Agency management experience.
- Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Fluent in English, additional language skills would be an asset.
- Passion for the Mission: A genuine passion for the mission of Save the Children and a commitment to improving the lives of children worldwide.
- Experience working with Sales Force CRM.
- Experience working with Active Campaign.
- Experience using major web content management systems, especially Drupal.
- Experience working internationally with RaiseNow, PayPal and Stripe.
- Experience with a multi-market programme.
- Experience working with PowerBI.
We can offer circa £43,500 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.